If you're looking for a pet, drop into the?Connecticut Humane Society's Waterford branch?and have a look around. They have dogs, cats and the occasional small animal.?
The animal shelter is located at 169 Old Colchester Road and is open Monday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dog adoption hours begin at 10:30 a.m. The phone number is 860-442-8583.
Humane Society employee Hailey St. Pierre-Casati introduced us to these animals this week:
- Dutchess, a white boxer-mix who gets along with children,
- Brie, a grey-and-white lady cat who can be shy,
- and Rolaids, a black-and-white bunny who can do black flips.
Animals are adopted and dropped off at the Humane Society on a daily basis so if you see an animal in this video who you want, act fast. If you miss your chance however, these ones are still waiting for someone to bring them home:
- Casey, a 3-year-old Belgian Malinois-mix who is very playful,
- Violet and Dusty, two attractive rabbit sisters.
- Trixy and Harley, two chubby cats who love to be pet,
- Scrunchy, a black-and-white cat who can entertain herself,
- Ace, Joker and King, three beautiful birds,
- BooBoo and Bear, a brother-sister cat pair,
- and Harvey, an active 1-year-old dog.?
If you aren't interested in any of these animals, log onto the?Humane Society website?to see a gallery of all the adoptable pets.
If you have plenty of pets at home but still want to help out these great animals, the Humane Society is always accepting donations of food, toys and supplies.