Local businesses, pet rescue organizations and much more will be available during the third annual?Extreme Block Party Family EXPO and Taste. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.?this Saturday, April 27 at the Libertyville Sports Complex, 1950 Route 45, Libertyville.?
"There is something for everyone at this event," said?Carol Levin, public relations director for the GLMV Chamber. "There is a wide assortment of activities. There is shopping, music, food, business vendors, home contractors, pet rescue organizations and the Illinois Cash Dash where people can find out if they have unclaimed property or money."
Event highlights include:
- Live reptile show at noon.
- 100+ local vendors all under one roof displaying local products, services and resources, including home improvement, health and beauty, landscaping, financial, educational, community organizations, automotive, and more.
- Chance to win a $500 gift certificate from Steinhafels Furniture, and other prizes.
- Free food samples by favorite local eateries, including Chili U, Culvers, Corner Bakery, Silverberg?s Deli, Silk Asian Tavern, Fine?s, WaPaGhetti?s Pizza and Sweets 4 U.
- Cash Dash, the unclaimed property/monies search.
- Live entertainment by Music Now DJ group.
- Golf and fitness demos.
- Storytime by the Cook Library.
- Game Show Mania with former "Happy Days" star.
- Raffles and giveaways.
- Product demonstations.
- Animal rescue pets.
- Moonwalk and family activities.
"It is a fun, free day for everyone," said Levin.
Sponsoring Chambers of Commerce include: Green Oaks, Libertyville, Mundelein, Vernon Hills (GLMV), Grayslake, Gurnee, Wheeling/Prospect Heights and the Waukegan Chambers of Commerce. People attend this event from throughout Lake County.
Volunteers are still being sought to help with the Block Party. People can assist with Parking, Set Up, Vendor Registration and Crowd Reception throughout the day:?
___ 7:30?9:30 a.m. ?Parking/Set up/Vendor registration
___ 9:30-11:30 a.m. ?Parking/Vendor registration/Crowd reception
___ 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Crowd reception/General
___ 1?3 p.m. ?General/Tear down
If interested, respond firstname.lastname@example.org?with your availability.?
For more information, email@example.com?or call?847-680-0750.